(1) On or during the operation of the website, personal data is only collected to the technically necessary extent. Personal data includes inventory data, such as the name and address of a person, as well as usage data (e.g. user name, password, IP address) and data provided by the customer in connection with orders. This includes, e.g. addresses for correspondence, as well as other data necessary for a possible order processing (grave research, etc.), which is needed for the justification, execution and processing of the orders, as well as for the purpose of future support and customer care. This data is processed and used by the contractor in this respect. This information is used for processing inquiries, possible delivery of goods and the provision of services, as well as possible payment processing (donations, etc.). No further passing on of personal data to third parties takes place. As far as third parties are commissioned with task fulfilment - such as mail order companies or companies commissioned with the processing of payments - personal information is available to them that is required for the fulfilling their tasks. This data is not used for other purposes; they are also obliged to treat the information received confidential, in accordance with this data protection declaration, the EU basic data protection regulation, and the German data protection laws.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending newsletters. This means that, after you have subscribed to a newsletter, you will receive an e-mail from us. Only once you activate the confirmation link contained therein, the newsletter will be subscribed. This will prevent unauthorised third parties from misusing your e-mail address. You can, of course, unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. For this purpose, each newsletter is provided with an unsubscribe link. Furthermore, we collect e-mail addresses in order to send you information about our promotion offers on the basis of Section 6, Paragraph 1, letter f of the General European Data Protection Regulation. If you do not wish to receive this information, you can object to the use of your data for advertising purposes at any time in the e-mail.
(3) In the following, the contractor’s data processing is explained. Within the server statistics, data transmitted by the individual user's browser (so-called "server log files") is automatically stored. Generally speaking, though, this data cannot be assigned to any particular person. The stored data is not merged with other data sources. Specifically, the stored data is the following:
• browser type/-version
• operating system used
• referrer URL (source URL)
• IP address of the accessing computer
• time of the server request
• HTML pages visited
(4) Information about the personal data that is stored by the contractor can only be given within the scope already described - especially regarding the information provided by the customer in connection with enquiries, orders, etc.. With regard to the data stored in the case of a mere use of the website, no allocation to specific persons can be made on a regular basis.
(5) With the "grave research" service, your personal data (e.g. name, address, postal address, etc.) is transmitted to us for order processing. This data is transmitted to the following institutions, provided it is necessary for processing:
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
Suchdienst Munich, Chiemgaustr. 109, 81549 Munich
Phone 089 - 68 07 73 - 0 Fax 089 - 68 07 45 92
Deutsche Dienststelle, Eichborndamm 179, 13403 Berlin
Telephone 030 - 41904-0, Fax 030 - 41904-100
(6) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including the shortened IP address) is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp()", which ensures an anonymization of the IP address by abbreviating it and, as such, prevents a direct connection to your person being established. As a result of the extension, your IP address will previously be abbreviated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. In these exceptional cases, this processing will be carried out in accordance with Section 6 Par. 1 letter f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes.
As an alternative to the browser plug-in or within browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link to set an opt-out cookie that will prevent future collection by Google Analytics within this website (this opt-out cookie only works in this browser and only for this domain, if you delete your cookies in this browser, you must click this link again): Disable Google Analytics
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
More information on how Google Analytics handles user data can be found in Google's data protection declaration:
(7) Use of Facebook plugins
This website uses plugins of the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc, 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook").
When you access websites on our website that are provided with such a plugin, a connection to the Facebook servers is established and the plugin is displayed on the website by notifying your browser. This transfers which of our Internet pages you have visited to the Facebook server. When you are logged in as a Facebook member, Facebook assigns this information to your personal Facebook account. When using the plugin functions (e.g. clicking the "I like" button, posting a comment), this information is also assigned to your Facebook account, which you can only prevent by logging out before using the plugin.
(created by lawyer Annegret Mayer LL.M., as of 02.02.11) © Händlerbund e.V.; Source: www.haendlerbund.de/download/hinweisblaetter/summary/1-hinweisblaetter/44-facebook-ilike-button-hinweisblatt
(8) Use of Twitter
You can change your Twitter privacy settings in your account settings at https://twitter.com/account/settings
(9) Use of YouTube
The person responsible for processing has integrated components of YouTube on this website. YouTube is an Internet video portal that allows video publishers the free posting of video clips for other users to view, rate and comment on, also free of charge. YouTube allows the publication of all types of videos, which is why complete film and television programs, music videos, trailers or videos produced by users themselves can be called up via the Internet portal.
YouTube is operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube, LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
Each time one of the individual pages of this website is accessed, which is operated by the responsible processor and on which a YouTube component (YouTube video) has been integrated, the Internet browser on the person's information technology system is automatically prompted by the respective YouTube component to download a representation of the corresponding YouTube component from YouTube.
More information on YouTube can be found at www.youtube.com/yt/about/de/. During this technical procedure, YouTube and Google are informed which specific subpage of our website is visited by the person concerned.
If the person concerned is simultaneously logged on to YouTube, by calling up a subpage that contains a YouTube video, YouTube recognizes which specific subpage of our website the person concerned is visiting. This information is collected by YouTube and Google and assigned to the respective YouTube account of the person concerned.
Via the YouTube component, YouTube and Google receive information that the person concerned has visited our website whenever the person concerned is logged on to YouTube at the same time as he/she is accessing our website; this happens regardless of whether the person concerned actually clicks on a YouTube video or not. If such a transmission of this information to YouTube and Google is not desired by the person concerned, transmission can be prevented by logging out of his/her YouTube account, prior to accessing our website.
The data protection regulations published by YouTube, which can be accessed at www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/, provide information about the collection, processing and use of personal data by YouTube and Google.
(10) Use of AddThis Share Buttons
Our homepage uses social plugins ("Plugins") of the service addthis.com, which is operated by Add This LLC, 8000 Westpark Dr., Suite 625, McLean, VA 22102, USA ("Add This"). The plugins are identified by the orange share button with a "+" (or white "+" on orange tile) or are marked with the addition "share". When you visit a website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of Add This. The content of the plugin is transferred directly from Add This to your browser and integrated into the website. We therefore have no influence on the extent of the data that Add This collects with the help of this plugin, and therefore can only provide information to you according to our level of knowledge:
You can find detailed information on how your data is handled when using the Add This button on www.addthis.com/privacy under the following point: "Privacy Practices for End Users who use the AddThis Sharing Button on Publisher Websites".
If you do not agree with this collection and use of your data, we strongly recommend that you do not use the corresponding Add This button.
In order to facilitate your use of our website, we use so-called "cookies". These are small text files that are sent from our server to your browser and temporarily stored on your hard disk. The cookies on all websites of the Volksbund Deutscher Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V. do not contain any information about you, but assign you a code (session ID) while surfing. These indicators help us to determine the number of users and the frequency of use, and thus to improve the user comfort of our website. You can, of course, delete all cookies from your hard drive at any time. You can also set your browser to notify you when cookies are being sent, or disable the storage of cookies. However, we recommend activating the cookies permanently on all websites of the Volksbund Deutscher Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V, since, without the acceptance of cookies, the use of the website and the offered services is only possible to a limited extent. External websites that are integrated into the Volksbund Deutscher Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V. via Frame may also set cookies. These also do not have to be allowed and can be rejected by you.
(12) Web analysis services
On this website, using pseudonyms, a web analysis service collects and stores data from which user profiles are created. These usage profiles are used to analyse visitor behaviour and are evaluated to improve and design our offer in line with demand. Cookies may be used for this purpose. These are small text files that are stored locally on the visitor's computer and thus enable recognition when the person visits our website again. The pseudonymised user profiles are not combined with personal data pertaining to the bearer of the pseudonym without the express consent of the data subject, which is to be given separately. You can object to the collection and storage of data for the purpose of web analysis here at any time with effect for the future:
(13) Opt-out method for the product bid management used
This website uses the web analysis service with bid management of intelliAd Media GmbH, Sendlinger Str. 7, 80331 Munich. Anonymised usage data is collected and aggregated for the purpose of demand-oriented design and optimisation of this website, and user profiles are created from this data using pseudonyms. When intelliAd Tracking is used, cookies are stored locally. According to §15 of the current version of the Telemedia Act, you as a website visitor have the right to object to the storage and profiling of your (anonymously recorded) visitor data in the future as well. Use the intelliAd Opt-Out function for this purpose.
This is based on the legal requirements of § 13 Paragraph 1 German Telemedia Act (TMG).
(14) Google AdWords
This offer uses the online advertising program Google AdWords, which is operated by Google Inc. ("Google") in the USA and within the framework of their conversion tracking.
Cookies may be used for this purpose. The conversion tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on an ad placed by Google. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of this offer and the cookie has not yet expired, we and Google can see that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be traced through the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users. Users who do not wish to participate in tracking, can easily deactivate the Google Conversion Tracking cookie via their Internet browser under User Settings. These users are not included in the conversion tracking statistics.
For more information, see www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
(15) Data collection by payment service providers
The Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e. V. uses various payment service providers, who collect, store and process the data in each case, to process payments within the scope of the donation campaign:
(16) Revocation of consent
Consent to the processing of personal data can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. This can be done by notification to the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e. V., Sonnenallee 1, 34266 Niestetal or by e-mail to info(at)volksbund.de.
(17) Right to information, rectification, objection and complaint
Of course, you have the right to request information (Section 15 GDPR) about your personal data stored by us. You also have the right to correct (Section 16 GDPR) incorrect data, block and delete (Section 17 GDPR) or to restrict processing (Section 18 GDPR) and to object to data processing (Art 21 GDPR). You also have a right of appeal to the competent data protection supervisory authority.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding data protection, please do not hesitate to contact our data protection officer:
Data protection Winter Bekscher Berg 16 33100 Paderborn
Phone 05252 - 934693, email(at)datenschutz-winter.de